To help you grow your new member file, DEI offers Acquisition List CoOps three times a year. There are no list minimums so you can register for one, two, or all three buys!
Stations of all sizes and formats are welcome to participate. Mail dates have a 10-week range so you can send them at the time most convenient for your program! If you'd like to learn more about how acquisition mail can grow your program, here's a brief article.
If you are ordering 7,500 or more names, figure 14 cents per name or $140 per thousand names
If you order fewer than 7,500 names, your cost could range from .18 to .24 cents per name or $180 - $240 per thousand
Remember that you'll be suppressing your current members, so plan to order 25-35% more names than you want to mail.
When are the next available coops and their registration deadlines?
|Mail Dates||Register by|
Aug 26 - Dec 13
Jan 6 - March 14, 2014
May 20, 2013
September 25, 2013
Please read the Detailed Requirements and Specifications page, which provides background, definitions, expectations and responsibilities.
If you'd like to target your mailings to the best-performing zip codes for your station, consider participating in the DEI/DMW Geo Mapping Service. For more information review the details of the Service or contact Virginia Dambach. In order to inform your list acquisition decisions, register for the geo-mapping service at least a month in advance of the List co-op registration deadline.
To participate in any acquisition direct mail production collaborative you MUST register to participate in the List Co-oP by the deadlines indicated.
Up-Coming Co-Op List Dates
FALL 2013 Co-Op Dates
26 August - 13 December - Approved mail date range
- 11 April 2013 last day to register and submit member count by zip code for GEO MAPPING
- 20 MAY 2013 absolutely last day to register for Acquisition Co-Op names for use 18 March - 21 June 2013
- 24 May - last day to withdraw from the CoOp withotu penalty/last day to submit station RESULTS to inform recommendated buy plans
- 17 & 18 June - DEI sends list counts/list plans to stations
- 20 June - 12 noon - Absolute last day to place order
- 23 July - Station suppression files due to merge/purge processor
- 1 August - Files available to download from FTP site for mail processing
- 26 August - 13 December, 2013 - Approved mail date range
WINTER 2013/14 Co-Op Dates
6 January - 14 March, 2014- Approved mail date range
- 16 August 2013 last day to register and submit member count by zip code for GEO MAPPING
- 16 September 2013 absolutely last day to register for Acquisition Co-Op names for use 6 January - 14 March, 2014
- 1 October - last day to withdraw from the CoOp withotu penalty
- 7 October - last day to submit station RESULTS to inform recommendated buy plans
- 22 & 23 October - DEI sends list counts/list plans to stations
- 25 October - 12 noon - Absolute last day to place order
- 26 November - Station suppression files due to merge/purge processor
- 9 December - Files available to download from FTP site for mail processing
- 6 January - 14 March, 2014 - Approved mail date range
In Compliance with CPB Donor List Compliance Policies, DEI neither as a corporation nor through its co-op opportunities, sells, rents, leases, loans, trades, gives, donates, transfers or exchanges membership or donor names to, with, or from any candidate for Federal, State or local office, political committees, or political parties for any purpose whatsoever.